Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is one of Bali’s most iconic and well-known tourist destinations. You have undoubtedly heard about this Bali Cultural Park; that’s why you found this page. Whatever the reason that makes you see this page. It would be best to read this article about a visitor guide to Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, commonly called GWK Bali. So before your visit, you will get a brief overview of GWK Bali culture park. The holiday guide includes history, promo ticket prices for GWK Bali entrance, main attractions, visitor facilities, event schedules, and opening hours.
Furthermore, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is one of the most iconic and well-known tourist destinations in the southern part of Bali. Therefore, it’s a good idea you read this article. Furthermore, on this article page, you have gone find further detail about Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, such as:
- Why is it called GWK?
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park location.
- The Best Way To Go To GWK Bali.
- Distance & Travel Time.
- Bali GWK Main Attractions.
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana History.
- The Venue.
- Event Schedule in Bali GWK.
- Opening Hours & Entrance Ticket.
- Kecak Dance at Garuda Wisnu Kencana.
Read More, Top 20 Best Places To Visit In Bali.
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park
Bali is a small island that offers exceptional landscape beauty. From towering active volcanoes combined with a gorgeous stretch of white-sand beaches. Besides the fantastic landscape, Bali is well known for its marvelous art and unique culture.
The other excellent part of Bali can maintain existing traditions and religion in harmony with massive tourism development.
All of the beauty that Bali offers makes Bali provides plenty of choices of attractions and fun activities that are worth adding to your Bali tour itinerary. One of the best attractions in Bali is shaped as a cultural park.
Consequently, the GWK Bali culture park is one of the famous tourist attractions in Bali. Therefore almost every day, GWK Bali is crowded with tourist visits. If you are visiting Bali for the first time, it is recommended that you add GWK Bali to the list of must-see attractions in Bali.
Find Here, Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Bali.
Why Is It called GWK?
What is the meaning of the GWK Bali name, and why is it called GWK?
Furthermore, GWK is an abbreviation of Garuda Wisnu Kencana. Below I will briefly explain the meaning of the name Garuda Wisnu Kencana so that it can answer why this attraction is called the GWK Bali.
Garuda comes from Sanskrit, meaning a bird shaped like a human. The head and legs resemble birds, and on the back are wings; however, the body is like a human. Of course, the Garuda bird is a mythological bird. Vishnu/Wisnu is one of the deities in Hinduism who has a role in preserving and protecting all of God’s creations, whereas Kencana means Gold.
Because in the tourist area of Bali GWK, there is a statue of Lord Vishnu, who wears a golden crown, and is riding a Garuda bird with a huge figure. Then this place is named Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK).
GWK Culture Park is one of the tourist attractions in Bali. Because of the popularity of Garuda Wisnu, Kencana is a Bali tourist attraction; therefore, the GWK Bali tourist attraction is always crowded with domestic and International tourists almost every day.
In addition, many tourists say the GWK Culture Park is one of Bali’s attractions that visitors should see.
See Here, Where do older people go in Bali?
GWK Bali Location
Furthermore, GWK Bali cultural park construction project began in 1992 on 240 hectares of land. The location of GWK Bali is on Jalan Raya Uluwatu, Ungasan Village, South Kuta, Badung Regency 80364. If you come from Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport, heading to the GWK Bali location only takes 30 minutes to drive in regular traffic.
To make it easier to find the place of GWK Bali, please use Google Maps by clicking the link below!
See Here, “Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park On Google Map” >>>
The Best Way To Go To Garuda Wisnu Kencana
Furthermore, there are many choices regarding holiday transportation in Bali to go to the GWK Bali location from your hotel. Also, choose a hotel located in the southern part of Bali, such as Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Ungasan, Tanjung Benoa Nusa Dua. It will be easier for you to get transport. Alternatives of a vehicle that you can get in Bali such as:
- Ride a motorbike/scooter. There is plenty of motorbike rental in Bali with affordable motorcycle rental price. The scooter rental rate ranges from IDR 100.000 – to IDR 150.000/24 hours of usage. When you want to ride a scooter, please remember to wear a helmet and get an international driving license.
- Get a taxi. Taxi is widely available in the southern part of Bali, and you can get a meter taxi, such as Bali Blue Bird Taxi, or an online taxi. For your information, there are two types of online taxis in Bali. There are motorcycle taxis and car taxis.
- Get a self-drive car. Getting a self-drive car rental in Bali nowadays is quite tricky. However, getting a car rental in Bali with a driver + fuel will be easy. You can use Google, and you will see many Bali car rental services with a driver on the Google page.
- Book a Bali tour package with a tour itinerary visiting GWK culture park.
So, which way will you choose? Below is my recommendation regarding transportation to visit Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park.
- Ride a motorbike/scooter if you feel comfortable driving in Bali by motorcycle. Riding a scooter will save a lot of your transportation budget. However, it would be best to ensure that you are confident to ride a scooter on Bali road. Due to Bali, road traffic differs from your country’s traffic.
- Get car rental services with a driver in Bali if you don’t want to drive a car in Bali. Also, you don’t want to get bothered by finding a car park and visiting more than one place in one day, such as GWK Bali, Dreamland beach, Suluban Beach, and Uluwatu temple. Using a car rental service in Bali with a driver, you can contact your driver to pick you up when you are finished enjoying a holiday at GWK Bali. It is much more convenient than you drive your car.
Distance & Travel Time
Knowledge of the distance and travel time from where you stay to tourist attractions in Bali is mandatory. Because by knowing the travel time, you will easily make a Bali vacation itinerary.
Here are some examples of travel times to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park from famous tourist attractions in Bali.
Meanwhile, if you depart from Bali Safari and Marine Park, heading to GWK Bali will cover a distance of 42 kilometers with a travel time of 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Let’s say you depart from the Nugnung waterfall area; going to GWK Bali will cover a distance of 66 kilometers with a travel time of 2 hours.
If you depart from Ubud monkey forest, heading to Garuda Wisnu Kencana will take 1 hour 30 minutes with a travel distance of 46 kilometers.
Then how long does it take from Kuta to GWK? The area of Kuta tourist attractions is extensive. To make it easier for me to answer, I assume you will depart from the Kuta beach area to Garuda Wisnu Kencana. From Kuta beach to GWK Bali, you will need a travel time of 45 minutes with a distance of 15 kilometers.
Main Attractions On Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue
The main attraction of the GWK culture park lies in the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue. Built and carved by the famous Balinese sculptor, Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta. The GWK statue is made from copper and brass.
Furthermore, the icon’s name represents the God Wisnu riding on the back of the mythical bird Garuda.
Creating the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue takes USD 100 million, with 25 years in the making. The icon has an initial plan to be built at 126 meters in height and 60 meters in width. However, the finished construction of the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana became 121 meters high and 65 meters in width.
The statue’s height, constructed now, is 75 meters. If combined with the pedestal height, it becomes 121 meters. If you compare with the iconic Liberty statue in the USA, from the bottom of the copper Liberty statue to the torch is 46 meters in height, and from ground level to the torch is 93 meters in height. Therefore, there is a significant margin of 30 meters of the GWK statue compared to the Liberty statue.
Now the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue has become an icon of Bali island. Which offers one of the most significant sculpture works and the most complicated jobs with artwork that reflects the value of local Balinese culture.
Also, at the GWK culture park, visitors can enjoy the sunset view. Not only beautiful scenery, but the GWK culture park also offers a wide range of entertainment from the morning until evening.
Read Here, ”List Of 10 Best Places To See Sunset In Bali” >>>
Garuda Wisnu Kencana History
The Garuda Wisnu Kencana Foundation initiated the construction of Bali GWK tourist attractions in 1992. The development of GWK Bali aims to make GWK Bali the most iconic landmark in Bali.
Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta is one of the founders of the Foundation. Also, Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta was the drafter and architect of the GWK statue.
Getting a suitable location for a massive project, such as the construction of the GWK culture park, is not easy. After completing the project concept, the Foundation took two years to get the perfect location for the GWK culture park.
GWK Cultural Park area is 146 meters above ground level or 263 meters above sea level at Ungasan Bali. Before the construction of GKW Bali, the field on the hill Ungasan was used as a limestone mining site.
The Foundation appointed Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta as the leading sculptor in the GWK Bali project. Mr. Nyoman Nuarta is one of Indonesia’s best modern sculptors.
In 2013, the ownership management of GWK Bali was taken over by PT. Alam Sutera Realty Tbk is one of the property developers in Indonesia.
Over time, tourist attractions in Bali GWK developed into a place for cultural exhibitions, events, and entertainment attractions and an information and communication forum for local, national, regional, and even international cultures.
Find Here, ”Taman Nusa Cultural Park Bali Entrance Fee Price” >>>
The Main Venue
GWK Cultural Park now offers a wide range of ideal and adequate facilities for various types of public and private events, either on a small scale or a large scale. There is an attraction that you gone see when visiting GWK culture park Bali, such as;
Wisnu Plaza is an area with the highest land in GWK culture park. On a particular day, at Wisnu Plaza area performed a traditional Balinese dance. The main point of interest makes visitors love visiting the Wisnu Plaza area due to the Wisnu Plaza location on higher ground. Therefore, make the visitor able to see the scenery.
Read More, Visitor Guide To Penglipuran Village.
The visitor’s starting point and endpoint when visiting GWK culture park are at Street Theater. You can find plenty of shops offering souvenirs, GWK merchandise, and restaurants on the Street Theater. There will be a Balinese dance performance at the specified time during the day, such as a Barong dance and a parade.
Read Here, ”Schedule, Location & Ticket Prices Of Barong Dance Ubud Bali” >>>
The lotus pond is the most extensive outdoor area in the GWK culture park. As a result, the lotus pond is customarily used to hold large-scale outdoor events. When you arrive at the Lotus Pond area, you will see a sizeable, unique site.
Also, you will see solid limestone walls on each side of the lotus pond pathway. Over the years, Lotus Pond at GWK culture park has been trusted to hold large-scale international events. Such as music concerts, fashion shows, Gala Dinner, and international meetings.
Read More, Visitor Guide To Botanical Garden Bedugul Bali.
The garden is named Indraloka, which is the garden of God Indra. From the Indraloka Garden, visitors can see the panoramic scenery of southern Bali. Also, the Indraloka garden typically uses a wedding ceremony.
Find Here, Guide On Visiting Ujung Water Palace East Bali.
The GWK Amphitheater is an open-air venue frequently used for Balinese dance performances. Also, every evening at the GWK Amphitheater, you can watch the Balinese Kecak dance perform from 18.30 to 19.20.
To watch Balinese Kecak dance in other places in Bali, you need to pay for a dance performance ticket. In contrast, the Balinese Kecak dance at GWK Amphitheater is free.
Read Here, ”Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park Holiday Experience” >>>
Daily Performances Schedule
Furthermore, one place that delivers Balinese dance and culture performances daily in Bali is Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali. Below is the performance schedule held in GWK culture park regularly.
|11:00||Sekar Jepun Dance, Kebyar Duduk Dance, Topeng Monyer Dance.||Amphitheater|
|12:00||Jauk Keras Dance, Oleg Tamulilingan Dance||Amphitheater|
|13:00||Sekar Jepun Dance, Jauk Manis Dance, Kebyar Duduk Dance||Amphitheater|
|14:00||Topeng Monyer Dance, Angklung Musical||Amphitheater|
|15:00||Barong Dance, Oleg Tamulilingan Dance, Jauk Manis Dance||Amphitheater|
|16:00||Joged Bumbung Dance||Lotus Pond|
|18:00||Garuda Wisnu's Kecak Dance Performance||Amphitheater|
- Joged Bumbung dance, depending on the weather.
- All performances above are included in the GWK Bali entrance ticket price.
Read More, ”Kecak & Fire Dance Uluwatu Temple Price” >>>
Opening Hour & Entrance Fee
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali is open from 09:00 – 20:00 and has been open every day. Note regarding the opening hours and days of Garuda Wisnu Kencana can change at any time. Also, please get in touch with Garuda Wisnu Kencana for the exact opening days and hours.
Also, each visitor is required to pay an entrance fee to be able to enter the GWK culture park. Then how much does the GWK entrance ticket cost?
|Category||Ticket Price||Promo Ticket|
|Adult (height 130 cm and above)||IDR 125,000.||IDR 110,000.|
|Child (Height 100 cm - 130 cm)||IDR 100,000.||IDR 94,000.|
|Enter the GWK statue inner area. Last tour at 17:00.||IDR 50,000.||-|
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Entrance Fee Description
- The Garuda Wisnu Kencana entrance ticket promo is valid until March 31, 2023.
- Children’s heights under 100 cm are free of charge.
- Children with a height above 100 cm up to 130 cm will be charged a child entrance fee.
- Entrance fees may change at any time. To confirm the price of admission to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, please contact GWK Bali directly at the telephone number +62 (361) 700 808.
- By paying for the entrance ticket to Garuda Wisnu Kencana, you can tour the GWK Bali area.
- There will be an extra admission fee for visitors who want to enter the GWK Bali statue’s inner area. The ticket price for accessing the site inside the figure excludes the GWK Bali entrance ticket.
- We provide booking services for the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park entrance ticket. You can buy Bali GWK entrance tickets through our Wira Tour Bali. Please contact our booking service at +62 813 3956 3400 (EN) and +62 822 4714 8222 (ID) (WhatsApp Ready).
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana entrance ticket price is the price for one person.
- The Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park entry fee contains watching regular performances (based on schedule).
- Bus shuttle service is available from the vehicle parking area near the ticketing zone.
- Free entry to the Asana Artseum GWK Bali area.
While for Indonesian citizens, please click the below link to find out the Bali GWK entrance fees.
Lihat Disini, ”Harga Tiket Masuk Taman Budaya GWK Bali Terbaru” >>>
Booking Garuda Wisnu Kencana Entrance Tickets
We deliver booking assistance for the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park admission ticket. You can purchase Bali GWK entry tickets through us, Wira Tour Bali. Don’t hesitate to contact our booking service at +62 813 3956 3400 and +62 822 4714 8222 (WhatsApp Ready).
You can also click the WhatsApp button below to connect with Wira Tour customer service via WhatsApp directly. Or you can fill out the booking form below.
How to Redeem the Wira Tour Voucher
- You must display your Wira Tour voucher via your cellphone and a Covid 19 vaccine certificate at the GWK Bali ticket counter.
- After your voucher is obtained by the ticket counter officer at GWK Bali, you will get a bracelet tied to your wrist. Then the number of bracelets you will acquire is according to the number of entrance tickets you book with Wira Tour.
- To get the GWK Bali entrance tickets, only use a voucher from Wira Tour Bali, not proof of payment for the voucher you received from the bank.
- The voucher redemption counter for the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park entrance ticket is open from 09:00 to 19:00 Bali time.
- The location for voucher redemption to get a bracelet is at the Plaza Bhagawan GWK Bali.
- Before you visit the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park on the same day as the date on the voucher, don’t hesitate to contact us at Wira Tour or visit the GWK Bali website regarding opening hours, as well as show schedules.
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Entrance Ticket Terms & Conditions
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park can prohibit visitors with an online voucher from accessing the inner area if visitors cannot show a valid identity card. If tourists still want to visit GWK Bali attractions without a valid Id card, travelers will pay the published price instead the online price.
- Every visitor to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is expected to be in good health and have followed the COVID-19 vaccination at least the first dose.
- The ticket officer will ask visitors to show a Covid 19 vaccine certificate.
- Every visitor to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park must follow the health protocol standards applied by GWK Bali when in the GWK area.
- Rescheduling of the visit schedule on the ticket that has been booked is not available.
Kecak Dance at Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park Bali
The Bali tourism attraction, besides the beauty of nature, the charm of tourism also lies in the uniqueness of art and culture. One of which is Balinese dance.
Furthermore, there are many traditional dances on the island of Bali, and the most famous Balinese dance is the Balinese Kecak dance.
Many locations perform the Kecak dance on the island of Bali. Such as the Kecak dance at Uluwatu temple, the Kecak dance at Tanah Lot temple, the Kecak dance at GWK Bali, and the Kecak dance at Batubulan Gianyar Bali.
One place that provides Kecak dance performances in Bali every day is the GWK culture park Bali. Meanwhile, the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Kecak dance performance schedule starts at 18:00 – 19:20.
Also, watching the Kecak dance at GWK is free; you only need to pay for the Garuda Wisnu Kencana entrance ticket.
Find Here, Kecak Uluwatu Ticket Price.
Garuda Wisnu Kencana FAQ
When providing Bali tour package services to GWK Bali, we often get customers’ questions. The following inquiries are frequently asked by tourists when they want a vacation to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park.
Furthermore, there are two types of entrance tickets for Bali GWK. There is an entrance ticket to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park. There is an entrance ticket to the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue. For more details about the entrance fee for the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park, you can see it in the above table.
1.5 hours is enough to walk around the Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park area. However, if you want to watch Kecak dance, dine in one of the restaurants in the GWK area, and shop, you will need about 3 hours.
Read More, Bali Water Sports Packages.