Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is one of the most iconic and well-known tourist destinations in Bali. For sure you have heard about this Bali Cultural Park, that’s why you found this page. Whatever is your reason that makes you see this page it’s a good idea you read this article which is about Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park or commonly called as GWK Bali.
Furthermore, Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is one of the most iconic and well-known tourist destinations in the southern part of Bali. Therefore, it’s a good idea you read this article. Furthermore, on this article page, you gone find further detail about Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park, such as:
- The Best Way To Go To GWK Bali.
- Bali GWK Main Attractions.
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana History.
- The Venue.
- Event Schedule in Bali GWK.
- Opening Hours & Entrance Ticket.
GWK Bali Location
Bali is a small island offers an exceptional landscape beauty. From towering active volcano, combined with a gorgeous stretch of white sand beaches. Besides the fantastic landscape, Bali also well known for astonishing art and unique culture. The other excellent part of Bali able to maintain existing traditions and religion in harmony with massive tourism development. All of the beauty that Bali offer, makes Bali provide plenty of choices of attraction and fun activities that worth adding in your Bali tour itinerary. One of the best attraction in Bali shape as a cultural park.
Consequently, the GWK Bali culture park is one of the famous tourist attractions in Bali. Therefore almost every day GWK Bali crowded with tourists visit. If you are for the first time visiting Bali, it recommended that you add GWK Bali on the list of attractions in Bali that must see.
GWK Bali cultural park construction project began in 1992, take place on 60 hectares land. The location of GWK Bali is on Jalan Raya Uluwatu, Ungasan Village, South Kuta, Badung Regency 80364. If you come from Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport, heading to GWK Bali location, only takes 30 minutes to drive in regular road traffic. To make it easier for you to find the place of GWK Bali, please use the Google map below!
The Best Way To Go To Garuda Wisnu Kencana
Regarding transportation, there are many choices to go to GWK Bali location from your hotel. Especially if you choose hotel location on the southern part of Bali, such as Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Ungasan, Tanjung Benoa Nusa Dua. Choices of transportation that you can get in Bali such as:
- Ride a motorbike. There is plenty of motorbike rental in Bali with an affordable motorcycle rental price, ranging from IDR 100,00 – IDR 150,000/24 hours usage. Please note, please remember to wear a helmet and get an international driving license.
- Get a taxi. Taxi is widely available in the southern part of Bali, and you can get a meter taxi such as Bali Blue Bird Taxi or online taxi.
- Get a self-drive car. Getting a self-drive car rental in Bali nowadays quite tricky. However, if you want to get a car rental in Bali with a driver + fuel, it will be easy. You can use Google, and you will see lots of Bali car rental service with a driver on the Google page.
- Book a Bali tour package with a tour itinerary visiting GWK culture park.
So which way that you will choose?
- Use a motorbike if you feel comfortable to drive in Bali by motorcycle. By using a bike, you will save a lot of your transportation budget. However, you need to make sure, that confidence to ride a motorcycle on Bali road. Due to Bali road traffic is a different environment from your country road traffic.
- Get car rental services with a driver in Bali, if you don’t want to drive a car in Bali. Also, don’t want to get bothered finding a car park, and in one day visiting more than one places, such as GWK Bali, Dreamland beach and Uluwatu temple. By using a car rental service in Bali with a driver, by the time you are finished enjoying a holiday at GWK Bali, you can contact your driver, to pick you up. It is much more convenient than you drive your car.
Main Attractions On Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue
The main attraction of the GWK culture park lies on the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue. Built and carved by the famous Balinese sculptor, Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta. The GWK statue made from copper and brass. From the name of the icon represent god Wisnu ride on the back of the mythical bird Garuda.
To create the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue takes USD 100 million, with 25 years on the making. The icon has an initial plan to be built with a 126 meters height and 60 meters in width. However, the construction of the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana until now has not completed. The last information that I get it will finish on Agust 2018.
The statue height, constructed now is 75 meters if combined with the pedestal height, it becomes 120 meters. If you compare with the iconic Liberty statue in the USA, from the bottom of the copper Liberty statue to torch is 46 meters in height, and from ground level to torch 93 meters height. Therefore, there is a significant margin 29 meters height of the GWK statue compares to the Liberty statue.
So when the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue finishes, it will make GWK Bali become an icon of Bali island which offers one of the most significant sculpture works and the most complicated jobs with artwork that reflects the value of local Balinese culture. Also, at the GWK culture park, visitors can enjoy the sunset view. Not only beautiful scenery the GWK culture park also offers a wide range of entertainment from the morning, until evening.
Read Here, ”List Of 10 Best Place To See Sunset In Bali” >>>
Garuda Wisnu Kencana History
Construction of Bali GWK tourist attractions initiates by the Garuda Wisnu Kencana Foundation in 1992. Development of the GWK Bali with the aim, making GWK Bali is the most iconic landmark in Bali. Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta is one of the founders of the Foundation. Also, Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta drafter and architect of the GWK statue.
To get a suitable location for a massive project such as the construction of the GWK culture park is not an easy task. After completing the project concept, the Foundation took two years to get the perfect location for the GWK culture park. GWK Cultural Park area located at an altitude of 146 meters above ground level or 263 meters above sea level at Ungasan Bali. Before the construction of GKW Bali, the field on the hill Ungasan used as a limestone mining site.
The Foundation appointed Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta as the leading sculptor in the GWK Bali project. Due to Mr. Nyoman Nuarta is one of Indonesia’s best modern sculptors. In 2013, the ownership management of GWK Bali was taken over by PT. Alam Sutera Realty Tbk, one of the property developers in Indonesia. With time, Bali GWK developed into a cultural exhibition venue, entertainment events, and tourist attractions.
Find Here, ”Taman Nusa Cultural Park Bali Entrance Fee Price” >>>
The Main Venue
GWK Cultural Park now offers a wide range of ideal and adequate facilities for various types of public events and private events either on a small scale or large scale. There is an attraction that you gone see when visiting GWK culture park Bali, such as;
Wisnu Plaza is an area with the highest land on GWK culture park. On a particular day, at Wisnu Plaza area performed a traditional Balinese dance. The main point of interest that makes visitor love to visit Wisnu Plaza area due to Wisnu Plaza location on the higher ground. Therefore, make visitor able to see the scenery.
The starting point and the endpoint of the visitor when visiting GWK culture park is at Street Theater. On the Street Theater, you can find plenty of shops offering souvenirs, GWK merchandise, and restaurants. At the specified time during the day, there will be a Balinese dance performance such as Barong dance and a parade.
Read Here, ”Schedule, Location & Ticket Prices Of Barong Dance Ubud Bali” >>>
The largest and most extensive outdoor area in the GWK culture park is the lotus pond. As a result, the lotus pond customarily used to hold large-scale outdoor events. When you arrive at the Lotus Pond area, you will see a sizeable unique site. Also, you will see solid limestone walls on each side of the lotus pond pathway. Over the years, Lotus Pond at GWK culture park trusted to held large-scale international events. Such as music concerts, fashion show, Gala Dinner, international meetings.
The garden named with Indraloka which is the garden of God Indra. From the Indraloka Garden visitor able to see the panoramic scenery of southern Bali. Also, the Indraloka garden uses typically as a wedding ceremony.
The GWK Amphitheater is an open air venue frequently use for Balinese dance performances. Also, every evening at the GWK Amphitheater you can watch Balinese Kecak dance perform from 18.30 to 19.30. In other places in Bali, to watch Balinese Kecak dance, you need to pay dance performance ticket, while to Balinese Kecak dance at GWK Amphitheater is free of charge.
Read Here, ”Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park Holiday Experience” >>>
Daily Performances Schedule
Furthermore, one of the places that provide Balinese dance and culture performances on a daily basis in Bali is Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali. Below is the performances schedule held in GWK culture park on a regular basis.
|10:00 – 10:40||Amphitheater||Balinese Dance|
|10:00 – 16:00||GWK Area (*)||Rindik Instrument|
|11:00 – 11:40||Amphitheater||Barong Keris Dance|
|12:00 – 12:40||Amphitheater||Garuda Wisnu Ballet|
|12:00 – 15:00||Commercial Strips||Joged Bumbung|
|13:00 - 13:40||Amphitheater||Nusantara Dance|
|14:00 - 14:40||Amphitheater||Barong Keris Dance|
|15:00 - 15:40||Amphitheater||Balinese Dance|
|15:30 - 17:30||Garuda Plaza (**)||Joged Bumbung|
|16:00 - 17:20||Ticketing Area Wisnu Plaza (**)||Okokan Parade|
|17:30 - 18:20||Street Theater||Joged Bumbung|
|18:30 - 19:20||Amphitheater (***)||Kecak Dance|
|19:30 - 20:30||Jendela Bali (****)||Legong Dance|
- (*) Kura-Kura Plaza (10:00 – 12:00) – Jendela Bali Resto (12:00 – 14:00) – Ticket Entrance (12:00 – 16:00) – Kura-Kura Plaza (14:00 – 16:00).
- (**) Depend on the weather.
- (***) Every Saturday & Sunday, Kecak Dance take place at Lotus Pond.
- (***) Every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday.
Opening Hour & Entrance Fee
Most noteworthy, GWK Bali culture park opens every day from 08:00 – 22:00. Also, each visitor is required to pay an entrance fee to be able to enter the GWK culture park. Then how much does GWK entrance ticket cost? Also, for the entrance fee to Bali GWK 2019, there are two varieties. There are weekday entrance tickets (Monday-Friday) and weekend entrance tickets (Saturday – Sunday).
|Child (5 - 12 Years)||IDR 100,000|
|Infant Under 4 years old.||Free of charge.|
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Entrance Fee Description 2019
- GWK Bali culture park entrance fee updated on January 02, 2019.
- Under four years old children, and children’s with maximum height 109 cm free of charge. Children’s with height above 110 cm even though the age is below four years old, will pay a children entrance fee.
- Ticket prices for International Tourist.
- Also, entrance fees of Garuda Wisnu Kencana may change at any time without prior notice.
While for Indonesian citizen, please click below link to find out the Bali GWK entrance fees.
Lihat Disini, ”Harga Tiket Masuk Taman Budaya GWK Bali Terbaru 2019” >>>