The design of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue depicts the god Vishnu riding a Garuda Mystical bird. Therefore, if you are searching for the Bali statue of Hindu god Wisnu, this is the one. Then why is there a word Kencana in the name of a GWK Bali? For sure, why there is a word Kencana, I do not know for sure. Admittedly, in Balinese or Javanese word, Kencana means gold. Possibly because the crown worn on the representation of Lord Vishnu colored resembles gold, therefore this monument is called Garuda Wisnu Kencana.
Bahasa Indonesia, ”Patung Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) – Ikon Bali & Tertinggi Kedua Di Dunia” >>>
Until this day, July 28, 2018, the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue is still on the project. However, it is approaching the completion stage. The Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue predicted becomes an icon of Bali tourism. Also, it takes a long time to build, approximately 30 years. According to the information that I get, the estimate completion in September 2018, which is another two months from now. If the Vishnu sculpture at Garuda Wisnu Kencana completed, then for sure, it would become an icon of Bali tourism.
Surely there is a reason that makes the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana become Bali tourism icon. Due to the GWK statue has a height of 121 meters, with a width of 65 meters w
Location of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue
The Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue location is inside the cultural park area which is in Ungasan Bali. The name of the site is Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park well known as GWK Bali. The address of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park is on Jl. Raya Uluwatu, Ungasan, South Kuta District, Badung Regency, Bali. If you depart from Ngurah Rai airport to Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park, it will cover 12 kilometers distance. To make it easier to find the location of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park, please use the map below!
The Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park icon location is at an altitude of 263 meters from sea level with 67 hectares land area. Because the site of the land is at a higher elevation, therefore visitors can see the beautiful scenery of southern Bali from GWK Bali.
Every day Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park, always busy with tourist visits. Both domestic and foreign tourists. The main thing that makes many sightseers interested having a vacation to GWK Bali cultural park is to see the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana (Bali statue of Hindu god Visnu, who rode the Garuda mystical bird).
Find Here, ”Our Holiday Experience To Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park Bali” >>>
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue Creator
The statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana created Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta, which is a Balinese and honor as one of the best sculptors in Indonesia. Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta came to prominence in 1979, when he won a competition to construct a statue of Indonesian First Presiden, Mr. Soekarno.
When creating the Vishnu statue at Garuda Wisnu Kencana, Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta made a figure, part by part at his workplace in Bandung – West Java. The GWK statue design consists of 24 segments and in the form of 754 modules. Materials of the sculpture, made of copper metal and brass metal. Both of these metals, then coated with patina acid. To complete the statue, it takes 3,000 tons of copper. For the foundation of the Vishnu statue at Garuda Wisnu Kencana, there is a square shape a building. The inner side of the buildings intended for Ballroom.
From Bandung, one by one the statue module sent to Bali, and this process is still ongoing until now. The construction project of the GWK statue will be expected to be completed by September 2018. Spend a tremendous cost of 450 billion Rupiah. If the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue finishes, even though it is 121 meters high, not 150 meters according to the initial design. Then the statue of GWK Bali will become the second highest statue in the world, not the first. The tallest statue in the world today is still held by the Spring Temple Buddha statue, which is in Henan, China. However, the icon of GWK Bali has the most substantial width in the world.
Other Amazing Bali Land Mark, ”Bajra Sandhi Monument In Puputan Park Denpasar Bali – An Amazing Balinese Architecture” >>>
GWK Bali Attractions
When you are visiting GWK Bali, there are other exciting things that you can see, not only the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana. At the GWK Bali you also able to see Balinese dance performances. Also, Kecak dance performances which are held every day starting at 18:30. Furthermore, there are some exciting venues that you can see, such as Wisnu Plaza, and Lotus Pond GWK. GWK Cultural Park area is very spacious. Also, if you feel lazy to walk around GWK culture park, you can rent a Segway at Bali GWK Cultural Park.
See Here: “Latest Update Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali Entrance Fee 2019” >>>
The Best Way To See The Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue
To find the location of GWK Bali cultural park, it is not difficult. You can use the Google Map or Waze app on your phone. There are many transportation options for holidays to GWK Bali, here are the choices.
- Use a taxi meter like Blue Bird taxi. Using a taxi meter will be efficient in term of the transportation budget when you want to have a vacation to Garuda Wisnu Kencana. Then after visiting the GWK statue, you want to get back to the hotel. Alternatively, your hotel located close to the GWK statue. For example, you stay in Jimbaran, Kedonganan or Ungasan.
- Use Gojek. Gojek is a motorcycle taxi that you can book online.
- Get a motorcycle. There are many motorcycle rental services in Bali. The average motorcycle rental price in Bali is about IDR 150,000/24 hours. Using a motorbike will be the best way if, you travel only with a partner. Want to save transportation expense and do not mind getting a sunburn.
- Book car hires with a driver in Bali. Using the services of Bali car rental with a driver will be very useful for those of you who do not want to get bothered looking for a car park in the tourist attraction. Also, get a car rental with a driver if you’re going to visit more than two tourist attractions in Bali in one day. Have a plan to use the car for more than 8 hours. By using a car rental service with driver in Bali, you can use the vehicle for 10 hours, with a fixed car rental price. Ten hours of car rental service with a driver in Bali will save your transportation cost more than a taxi meter.
- Using a private car, you can get a self-driver car rental in Bali.
- In addition to using car rental services with a driver in Bali, you also able to book for Bali tour packages with tour itinerary visiting GWK statue Bali. Getting a tour package in Bali is more suitable for you who do not want to get bothered by arranging a tour itinerary.
Read Here, ”Bali Holiday Transportation Guide” >>>
Places Of Interest In Bali Near The GWK Statue
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali is in a very strategic location. In addition to its position adjacent to Ngurah Rai Airport, the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park statue also adjacent to popular tourist attractions in southern Bali. Like, Dreamland beach, Uluwatu Temple, Jimbaran beach, Tanjung Benoa tourist attraction, and the Pandawa beach.