The design of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue depicts the god Vishnu riding a Garuda Mystical bird. Therefore, if you are searching for the Bali statue of the Hindu god Wisnu, this is the one. Then why is there a word Kencana in the name of a GWK Bali? For sure, why there is a word Kencana, I do not know sure. Admittedly, in Balinese or Javanese words, Kencana means gold. It is possible because the crown worn on the representation of Lord Vishnu colored resembles gold; therefore, this monument is famous by the name Garuda Wisnu Kencana.
Bahasa Indonesia, ”Patung Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) – Ikon Bali & Tertinggi Kedua Di Dunia” >>>
The Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue predicted becomes an icon of Bali tourism. Until this day, July 28, 2018, the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue is still on the project. However, it is approaching the completion stage. Also, it takes a long time to build, approximately 30 years. According to my information, the estimated completion is in September 2018, another two months from now. If the Vishnu sculpture at Garuda Wisnu Kencana is completed, then for sure, it will become an icon of Bali tourism.
On August 4, 2018, the construction of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue was completed. The work on the figure, which is projected to become an icon of Bali tourism, took a long time, approximately 28 years.
Indeed there is a reason that makes the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana become the Bali tourism icon. The GWK statue has a height of 121 meters, with a width of 64 meters compared with the size of the Liberty statue in America, which is only 93 meters. Then the Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue Bali 28 meters higher. The first design of the Vishnu sculpture at Garuda Wisnu Kencana is 150 meters in height with a width of 64 meters. I’m not sure why the peak has become 121 meters; perhaps there is a budget issue.
Location of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue
The Garuda Wisnu Kencana statue location is inside the cultural park area in Ungasan Bali. The site’s name is Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park, well known as GWK Bali.
The address of the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park is on Jl. Raya Uluwatu, Ungasan, South Kuta District, Badung Regency, Bali.
If you depart from Ngurah Rai airport to Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park, it will cover 12 kilometers. To make it easier to find the location of Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park, please use the Google map by clicking the link below!
See Here, “Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park Google Map” >>>
The Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park icon location is 263 meters from sea level with 67 hectares of land area. Because the land site is at a higher elevation, visitors can see the beautiful scenery of southern Bali from GWK Bali.
Every day Garuda Wisnu Kencana culture park is always busy with tourist visits. Both domestic and foreign tourists. The main thing that makes many sightseers interested in having a vacation to GWK Bali cultural park is seeing the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana (Bali statue of Hindu god Visnu, who rode the Garuda mystical bird).
Find Here, ”Our Holiday Experience To Garuda Wisnu Kencana Culture Park Bali” >>>
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue Creator
The statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana’s creator is Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta, a Balinese and honored as one of the best sculptors in Indonesia. Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta came to prominence in 1979 when he won a competition to construct a statue of the Indonesian First Presiden, Mr. Soekarno.
When creating the Vishnu statue at Garuda Wisnu Kencana, Mr. I Nyoman Nuarta made a figure, part by part, at his workplace in Bandung – West Java. The materials of the sculpture are made of copper metal and brass metal. The GWK statue design consists of 24 segments with 754 modules.
There is a square shape of a building for the foundation of the Vishnu statue at Garuda Wisnu Kencana. The inner side of the buildings is intended for the Ballroom. To complete the figure, it takes 3,000 tons of copper. Both of these metals are then coated with patina acid.
From Bandung-Indonesia, one by one, the statue module was sent to Bali, and this process is still ongoing until now. The construction project of the GWK statue will be expected to be completed by September 2018. Spend a tremendous cost of 450 billion Rupiah, even though it is 121 meters high, not 150 meters according to the initial design.
The tallest statue today is still held by the Spring Temple Buddha statue in Henan, China. However, the icon of GWK Bali has the most substantial width globally. Then the figure of GWK Bali will become the second-highest statue globally, not the first.
Other Amazing Bali Land Mark, ”Bajra Sandhi Monument In Puputan Park Denpasar Bali – An Amazing Balinese Architecture” >>>
GWK Bali Attractions
When you are visiting GWK Bali, there are other exciting things that you can see, not only the statue of Garuda Wisnu Kencana. At the GWK Bali, you can also see Balinese dance performances. Also, Kecak dance performances are held every day starting at 18:30.
GWK Cultural Park area is very spacious. Furthermore, there are some exciting venues that you can see, such as Wisnu Plaza and Lotus Pond GWK. Also, if you feel lazy to walk around GWK culture park, you can rent a Segway at Bali GWK Cultural Park.
See Here: “Latest Update Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali Entrance Fee” >>>
The Best Way To See The Garuda Wisnu Kencana Statue
Finding the location of GWK Bali cultural park is not difficult. You can use the Google Map or Waze app on your phone. There are many transportation options for holidays to GWK Bali; here are the choices.
- Alternatively, your hotel is located close to the GWK statue. Use a taxi meter like Blue Bird taxi. Using a taximeter will be efficient regarding the transportation budget when you want to have a vacation to Garuda Wisnu Kencana. Then after visiting the GWK statue, you want to get back to the hotel. For example, you stay in Jimbaran, Kedonganan or Ungasan.
- Use Gojek. Gojek is a motorcycle taxi that you can book online.
- Get a motorcycle. There are many motorcycle rental services in Bali. Bali’s average motorcycle rental price is about IDR 80,000 per 24 hours. Using a motorbike will be the best way if you travel only with a partner. Want to save transportation expenses and do not mind getting a sunburn.
- Book car hires with a driver in Bali. Using the services of Bali car rental with a driver will be very useful for those of you who do not want to get bothered looking for a car park in the tourist attraction. Also, get a car rental with a driver if you’re going to visit more than two tourist attractions in Bali in one day. Have a plan to use the car for more than 8 hours. By using a car rental service with a driver in Bali, you can use the vehicle for 10 hours at a fixed car rental price. Ten hours of car rental service with a driver in Bali will save your transportation cost more than a taximeter.
- You can get a self-driver car rental in Bali using a private car.
- In addition to using car rental services with a driver in Bali, you can also book Bali tour packages with a tour itinerary visiting GWK statue Bali. Getting a tour package in Bali is more suitable for you who do not want to get bothered by arranging a tour itinerary.
Read Here, ”Bali Holiday Transportation Guide” >>>
Places Of Interest In Bali Near The GWK Statue
Garuda Wisnu Kencana Bali is in a very strategic location. In addition to its position adjacent to Ngurah Rai Airport, the Garuda Wisnu Kencana cultural park statue is adjacent to popular tourist attractions in southern Bali. Like, Dreamland beach, Uluwatu Temple, Jimbaran beach, Tanjung Benoa tourist attraction, and Pandawa beach.